Best Window and Door Frames & Locks to Prevent Break-Ins
At Oakville Windows & Doors, we take the safety and security of your home and family very seriously. Because we have over 35 years of experience in the business, we understand the importance of having secure windows and doors to prevent break-ins.
That’s why all of our vinyl windows have a multi-point locking system. This system is the highest quality and most secure option available to homeowners.
Our doors are commercially-rated, and are four times stronger than typical residential door frames. Like our windows, our doors also come with a multi-point locking system to keep your home safe.
Check out some of these other tips for adding extra security to your home:
- If your windows or doors don’t have multi-point locking systems, consider having one or two extra locks installed or have your windows and doors replaced
- Make sure the hinges on your doors are not exposed to the exterior of the house, and are equipped with non-removable hinge pins; exposed hinges are easily removed
- Consider installing exterior doors without windows; these can be a security risk, especially if the window is within arm’s reach of your lock
- Don’t plant shrubs right next to your door as these can be a good hiding place for burglars who might wait until the house is empty
- Make sure your doorframes and window frames are sturdy and do not have any damage; a weak frame is an easy target for burglars
- Keep glass doors locks and make sure they’re made of reinforced glass or plastic